Access to Opportunity
Some businesses have a more difficult time gaining access to opportunity. With this in mind, EmblemHealth created Access to Opportunity, our supplier diversity program.
Businesses certified with one of the organizations noted below are encouraged to apply.
- New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc.
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.
- Regional, state or government certifications.
The assistance provided by Access to Opportunity does not guarantee a contract with EmblemHealth. Still, we encourage companies to register and submit the following documentation:
- A letter of introduction describing your company's goods and services.
- Proof of business certification.
- Customer references.
- Promotional/marketing material and/or brochure.
About the Qualification Process
EmblemHealth thoroughly vets applications by obtaining a business information report. In addition, all suppliers must qualify to do business by being fully competitive in:
- Superior quality of goods/services.
- Customer service and clear communication.
- Good financial standing.
- Competitive pricing.
- Marketplace success.
- Accurate and timely deliverables. Innovative business solutions and technology.
Note: EmblemHealth encourages contracted suppliers to make a concerted effort to subcontract to diverse business. Access to Opportunity participants are required to submit quarterly reports showing second-tier diverse supplier spending (direct and indirect).
Applicant information is stored in our supplier diversity database. Prospects are contacted as opportunities arise or before bidding to verify that businesses meet our minimum requirements. When opportunities do not exist, we maintain information in our database for work that may become available in the future.
Ready for Access to Opportunity? We encourage you to get information on goods and services purchased by EmblemHealth and contact us.
EmblemHealth is Committed to Being an Industry Leader in Supplier Development