"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
- Mother Teresa
When selected for the program volunteers are asked to complete a 20 hour training course. Applying an experiential model of learning in a seminar setting, participants interact with each other, applying their life experiences to the subject at hand.
Subjects covered are:
- Listening skills - empathic listening
- Privacy regulations - sacred confidence
- Self reflection and self awareness skills
- Self care techniques - care for caregivers
- Issues of grief and loss
- World religious and spiritual practices
- Cultural sensitivities
- Conflict recognition and resolution
- Appropriate prayer - presence and purpose
Training is held at 55 Water Street, New York, NY 10041. For the schedule contact Denise Thomas.