The Virtual Office Visit:
Telemedicine through AmWell
With EmblemHealth’s Telemedicine benefit offered through AmWell, members can talk to a doctor or registered dietician through their computer, mobile device or phone.
Virtual office visits are in-network care, but do not replace a member’s primary care doctor.
- Convenient: Members can talk to a doctor or registered dietician from their home, office or anywhere through their phone, computer or tablet.
– No appointment is needed.
– Doctors can order certain drugs.*
- Dependable: Doctors are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Registered dieticians are available 9 am to 11 pm, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 6 pm on Saturdays.
- Confidential: Private and secure.
Members can enroll in AmWell for free at any time, by:
- Downloading the mobile phone app for iOS or Android devices and entering the Service Key: emblemhealth.
- Signing-up on the web at americanwell.com.
- Calling 1-855-818-3627 (DOCS).
Telemedicine is available in the following ways:
- Embedded for Individual and Small Groups
– Telemedicine is a benefit that is included in all individual and small group plans at no additional charge.
– Member copays are $0.
- Rider for Large Groups
– Large groups can opt-in to this program.
– Member copays range from $0 to $30.
– Copays must be established at $5 increments (e.g., $5, $10, $15).
– The copay for the doctor and dietician services must be the same.
Questions? Click here, or speak to your Sales Agent; or call EmblemHealth Account Services at 1-866-614-6040, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
*Telemedicine and e-prescriptions are available in almost every state including New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.