Take Advantage of EmblemHealth's No Cost EFT-ERA Program
Date Issued: 10/19/2015
Have you enrolled in PNC Remittance Advantage? If not, now is the time! On October 22, 2015, EmblemHealth will discontinue mailing paper remittances to providers who are currently receiving both 835 electronic and paper remittances. PNC Remittance Advantage offers paperless claim payments and electronic remittances free of charge. We urge you to take advantage of this program. Electronic transactions are fast, convenient and lower the risk of lost or stolen payments. You will benefit from increased payment-processing efficiencies, cost reductions and improved cash flow. PNC Remittance Advantage combines direct Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payments with 835 Electronic Remittance Advices (ERA).
How to Enroll
Gather your Provider ID number and bank account information. Go to PNC Remittance Advantage at https://rad.pnc.com. Select the "Register for Portal and Online Payment Services" link and follow the instructions for enrollment. If you need additional help with the registration process, please call the PNC Remittance Advantage help line at 1-877-597-5489, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 8:30 pm (ET).
Are You Already Enrolled?
If you are currently enrolled in PNC Remittance Advantage, you have already taken the first step toward improving your payment process. Now, you need to allow the program to work for you. It is important to note that beginning on October 22, 2015, EmblemHealth will discontinue mailing paper remittances to providers who are currently receiving both 835 electronic and paper remittances. Becoming fully engaged in this program is the only way you will discover the numerous advantages described below.
More Benefits to PNC Remittance Advantage
- Available to both HMO and PPO providers.
- Faster and more accurate than mailed checks and remittances.
- Gives you control over where your EFT payments are deposited, regardless of where you bank.
- Sends email notifications when payments are processed.
- Stores up to 10 years of searchable, archived payment and claims data.
- Meets regulatory requirements.
Electronic Remittance Advices
ERAs are available in a variety of ways designed to meet your needs. You can:
- Download legible PDF files to view or print for manual payment application, just like opening mailed remittances.
- Download EDI-formatted payment files to automate posting to your practice management system.
- Arrange for data transmission of EDI 835 files to you or a clearinghouse to fully automate the posting of your claim payments.
PNC offers webinars online. If your practice or organization is interested in a webinar, you may email PNC at Remit.Advantage@pnc.com. If you have questions or need additional assistance, please contact PNC at 1-877-597-5489.
EmblemHealth is committed to implementing ecologically sustainable practices to reduce the environmental impact of our claims operations, as well as realize efficiencies and greater cost savings. We invite you to join us in becoming more environmentally responsible by taking advantage of our secure electronic communications and transactions. We hope you agree that PNC Remittance Advantage is a great solution to help you improve your organization's efficiency and cash flow.