The PCP will request all pertinent medical records from any other health practitioner from whom the member is receiving care. The following information will be requested:
- Patient's name, EmblemHealth ID number and birth date
- The problem or reason for visit, as stated by the patient
- The duration of the problem
- Findings on physical examination
- Diagnosis or assessment of the patient's condition
- Therapeutic or preventive services recommended or prescribed, if any, or that none were indicated
- Dosage and duration information regarding any prescription given
- Follow-up plan, or that no follow up was planned
- Childhood immunization records
Glossary terms found on this page:
A unique number which identifies the member's enrollment with EmblemHealth. EmblemHealth's claims are processed by this number. Also known as Member ID Number.
Acronym for Medicare Advantage. An alternative to the traditional Medicare program in which private plans run by health insurance companies provide health care benefits that eligible beneficiaries would otherwise receive directly from the Medicare program.
An individual and each of his or her eligible dependents, including Medicare beneficiaries who are enrolled or participate in a benefit program and who are entitled to receive covered services from the practitioner pursuant to such benefit program and the terms of the practitioner's agreement.
A family physician, family practitioner, general practitioner, internist or pediatrician who is responsible for delivering or coordinating care. Also called a primary care physician.
A written order or refill notice issued by a licensed medical professional for drugs available only through a pharmacy.