Documentation of Care Management activities is performed primarily in our online computer systems, using specific software designed to facilitate clinical management and decision making. These online records reflect all review findings and actions taken during prior approval and concurrent management processes.
Glossary terms found on this page:
An activity of EmblemHealth or its subcontractor that results in:
- Denial or limited authorization of a service authorization request, including the type or level of service
- Reduction, suspension or termination of a previously authorized service
- Denial, in whole or in part, of payment for a service
- Failure to provide services in a timely manner
- Failure of EmblemHealth to act within the time frames for resolution and notification of determinations regarding complaints, action appeals and complaint appeals
Acronym for Medicare Advantage. An alternative to the traditional Medicare program in which private plans run by health insurance companies provide health care benefits that eligible beneficiaries would otherwise receive directly from the Medicare program.
The process of obtaining advanced approval of coverage for a health care service or medication. The request for services is reviewed to assess medical necessity and appropriateness of elective hospital admissions and non-emergency outpatient services before the services are provided. Also called pre-authorization or pre-certification or pre-determination.