AUGUST 13, 2013
SHOP Certification Course Now Available
The certification course is now available for brokers and selling agents ("producers") wishing to sell through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).You can go to the NYS Web site to see a list of the Provider Organizations who have an approved certification course for selling through SHOP, the small business marketplace.
Details about the certification course for selling through the Individual Market of the Exchange have not been released by NYS. We will inform you as soon they become available.
Producers completing the courses developed by NYS will satisfy the Exchange certification requirements and may earn continuing education (CE) credits toward the renewal of their insurance licenses.
- NYS developed two sets of course materials, one for SHOP and one for the Individual Exchange.
- Each course allows producers to earn eight CE credits.
- The SHOP training is a prerequisite for the Individual training. (Training for the Individual Market will be announced.)
- Producers have the option to receive their training either in-person or online.
- Certification testing will follow the completion of training and must be completed in the presence of a monitor.
NOTE: Open enrollment for the Exchange begins on October 1, 2013, with plan coverage beginning January 1, 2014.
©2013 EmblemHealth. All Rights Reserved. .
Group Health Incorporated (GHI), HIP Health Plan of New York (HIP), HIP Insurance Company of New York and EmblemHealth Services Company, LLC are EmblemHealth companies. EmblemHealth Services Company, LLC provides administrative services to the EmblemHealth companies.