Our Mission and Values
Upstate or downstate—those who rely on EmblemHealth can depend on us to stand by our commitment of service to accessibility and innovation.
Our mission and our values mean everything. It's who we are and how EmblemHealth has always done business.
EmblemHealth’s Mission is Our Promise to the People We Serve
It is our code of civility—how members of the organization behave and interact with one another, our members, our providers and partners.
Our mission is simple: To provide access to quality health coverage in ways that respect and respond to people's fundamental needs.
It’s a promise our members can count on
EmblemHealth Fulfills Its Mission by:
- Providing members with a broad range of benefits and conscientious service;
- Striving to simplify the provider experience;
- Offering our purchasers high value;
- Working with government to increase access to coverage; and
- Partnering with the communities in which we live and work to improve their overall health.
Our Values Guide How We Act
Our values serve as the foundation for all exchanges within our organization and also with our members, providers and partners. Our values are key to our success:
- Show Respect: We need to be straightforward in our dealings with people. Listen and communicate thoughtfully and clearly. Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Demonstrate Integrity: We must hold ourselves to high ethical standards. Do what is right, not just what is easy.
- Practice Collaboration: We need to work together if we are going to succeed. Be transparent in your dealings with others by sharing information, knowledge and expertise.
- Take the Initiative: On our own, and as teams, we must develop — and follow through on — ideas that will have a positive impact on our business. Recognize that taking measured risks is essential to our success.
- Embrace Accountability: We have to take responsibility for our actions and the effect they have on others. Have the courage to own the results of your work.