|Reminder: Per our recent compliance initiative, all brokers should make sure they’ve signed a new Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and have submitted it to EmblemHealth. Any other documentation in need of an update should also be submitted at this time.|
We invite health insurance brokers statewide to apply to become affiliated brokers with EmblemHealth. By doing so, you will be able to offer a full range of plans to your clients.
During the application process, please note that the documents you complete reference our underwriting companies GHI (Group Health Incorporated), HIP (HIP Health Plan of New York) and HIPIC (HIP Insurance Company of New York). You can be appointed to any or all three of these underwriting companies, depending on the plans you intend to broker.
Here’s how the process works:
- Complete both pages of the Selling Agent Appointment Application.
You must complete and sign this application to apply to become a broker for EmblemHealth’s underwriting companies.
- Check the box of each EmblemHealth underwriting company for which you intend to do business. Check “All” to become affiliated with all of our underwriting companies.
- Complete and sign a Business Associate Agreement.
You must complete the front page and signature page of the current Business Associate Agreement.
- Complete and sign the Selling Agent Agreement(s).
You must complete the front page and signature page of the agreements specific to the companies whose plans you’d like to sell.
- Attach the following documentation:
- A copy of your current New York State individual or corporate broker license issued under section 2104 of the insurance law, or agent license issued under section 2103(a) of the insurance law that stipulates accident and health accreditation. (If you are applying as a corporation, include both parts of the corporate broker license.)
- A completed W-9 form.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy if applicable (front page only).
- Submit the completed documents using one of the following methods. (Fully executed signature pages for the BAA and the Selling Agent Agreement(s) will be returned to you.)
Selling Agents will become eligible to receive commission payments upon EmblemHealth's receipt and approval of the documentation noted above (i.e., upon appointment). Commission payments will be mailed on or about the 15th of each month and will be based on the premium received for the prior month.
In the event that EmblemHealth has received premium for business sold prior to the date of appointment, we will pay retroactive commissions upon appointment. However, EmblemHealth will only pay retroactive commissions for the period of up to six (6) months immediately preceding the date of appointment.
For more information about becoming an affiliated broker, please call an EmblemHealth sales representative at 1-866-614-6040.
View EmblemHealth’s Commission Schedule for new and renewal business.