Be One in a Million Hearts
You can help Million Hearts reach its goal of a healthier nation by 2017 by following these tips:
- Reduce your risk of high blood pressure and stroke by knowing your numbers and taking steps to keep your blood pressure in a healthy range.
- Take your medicines as your doctor prescribed, even if you have reached your blood pressure goal.
- Keep your cholesterol in check.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t eat foods that are high in sodium, saturated fats or trans fats.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Losing as few as 5 or 10 pounds can make a big difference.
- Exercise for 30 minutes on most days of the week. Ask your doctor to suggest exercises that are right for you.
- Don’t smoke. If you need help quitting, talk to your doctor and join the Tobacco-Free PATH Smoking Cessation program.
Become one in a million and protect yourself from having a heart attack or stroke. To join, or for more information, visit Million Hearts.