Care Management Programs for Living Better with Chronic Illness
A New Path to Health Management
Managing a health condition by yourself can be difficult. We want you to know that you don’t have to face your challenges alone. We are here to help.
Our Care Management programs reinforce the care you receive from your doctor by offering eligible members access to the support, resources, and education you need to better understand and manage your condition to meet your health goals.
Along with your doctor, we’ll help you take care of your physical, behavioral, and emotional health in a way that meets your lifestyle and cultural needs.
Our Care Management programs are free and voluntary. You can sign up for our programs yourself or your doctor can refer you. We also identify members for the program each month by reviewing health surveys, claims and pharmacy data, health appraisals, lab results, and participation in health coaching or other programs.
Our Care Management programs are designed to:
- Help you understand your condition and stick with your treatment plan.
- Show you how to identify lifestyle changes you can make to help keep your condition under control and stay healthy and safe.
- Provide you with free educational materials about symptom management, health and safety risks, treatments, diet and nutrition, and more.
- Improve discussions with your doctor about your health and safety.
- Coordinate your treatment plan with your doctor.
- Work one-on-one with a nurse, social worker, or behavioral health care manager by telephone or face-to-face.
- Give you a chance to tell us about your experience with the program.
- Help you find support services provided in your community.
Please note: City of New York PPO members with diabetes are only eligible to receive services from our Care Management.
For additional information or to join our Care Management programs contact us here or call us at 800-447-0768, (TTY: 711). If you do not want to participate you can also call us at 800-447-0768, (TTY:711) Our hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. If your member ID card has a Montefiore logo in the lower left corner, please call 844-209-4932 (TTY: 711), 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.