Health Solutions Program - for GHI and EmblemHealth EPO/PPO members
Could you have diabetes and not know it?
Sixteen million Americans have diabetes one in three does not know it! Take the American Diabetes Association’s
Diabetes Risk Test to see if you are at risk for having diabetes. Diabetes is more common in African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, American Indians, Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders. If you are a member of one of these ethnic groups, you need to pay special attention to this test.
How will this diabetes program help me or my family?
We understand that it can be hard work to control diabetes. There are diets to follow, testing schedules to remember, prescriptions to fill sometimes it seems overwhelming. That’s where we come in.
The Health Solutions Program is designed to help people with diabetes control their illness. This, in turn, helps reduce the serious long-term complications that can occur. Specially trained representatives of CCS Medical, a nationwide firm that provides diabetic supplies, staff the Program, diabetic education and patient care support. These specialized representatives who serve as patient care specialists, along with Certified Diabetic Educators, form the HealthSolutions Program team.
When you sign up for this voluntary program representatives will provide you with individualized attention and can also provide educational materials that will help you follow your doctor’s self-care recommendations more closely all of which make your life a little bit easier.
Twice each year a representative will help you complete a health risk assessment.This assessment is important in determining your risk for ongoing diabetes complications.
How does the program work?
You and your covered dependents with diabetes are automatically eligible if you are enrolled in a medical plan. Once you have signed up for the Health Solutions Program, the following benefits are available:
- A representative from the Health Solutions team will contact you every two months to help you place orders for all diabetes medications, supplies and educational materials.
- The representative will also coordinate communications with your physician to obtain information needed to fulfill your medication and supply needs.
- A specially trained Certified Diabetes Educator is available by phone, at no additional cost, to answer your questions about your diabetes.
- FREE educational materials presenting the most current information about diabetes and diabetes care are available to you at any time. You can request specific topics, allowing you to meet your individual needs.
- Your orders for diabetes medications and supplies will be delivered directly to your door without associated shipping costs! With your first order, you will receive a FREE blood glucose monitor and carrying case, if needed; educational materials; a log book; and a magnet with our toll-free number. A complimentary Personal Care Record will also be supplied to assist you with keeping track of the results of your testing.
You can call the Health Solutions team at 1-800-881-4008.
What does the program cover?
- Educational materials are provided at no cost to you. Participants can request information on specific diabetes topics. This feature allows you to customize your education to meet your specific needs.
- A Health Solutions representative will be available to answer your questions. The representative can refer you to a Certified Diabetes Educator, if needed, to provide answers to clinical questions about diabetes and diabetes care.
- Diabetes supplies and prescription medications, as covered under your medical plan/pharmacy benefits program, will be provided. These include syringes, lancets, control solutions, insulin and diabetes medications.
What does the program cost?
Medications and supplies provided under this program are subject to the same copayments members currently pay under their medical plan. We will pay for the products authorized by your physician through this program in accordance with your benefit plan.
How do I enroll?
By Phone: Call us toll-free at 1-800-881-4008 between
8:30am and 8:00pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday or enroll now by taking the online Diabetes Health Risk Assessment (HRA).
What happens after I have enrolled?
- A Health Solutions representative will contact you to design a diabetes supply program that meets your specific needs.
- Arrangements will be made for you to begin receiving your diabetes supplies and medications, as well as educational materials on a regular schedule.
- A Health Solutions representative will call you every two months to help you place your next order for supplies/medication/educational materials.
How do I get more information?
Call 1-800-881-4008 to speak with a Health Solutions Program representative.