EmblemHealth Nondiscrimination Policy for Medicaid
EmblemHealth complies with Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. EmblemHealth does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to help you communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose first language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, please call member services at 1-877-411-3625 (TTY/TDD: 711).
If you believe that EmblemHealth has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with EmblemHealth Grievance and Appeals Department, PO Box 2844, New York, NY 10116, or call member services at 1-877-411-3625. (Dial 711 for TTY/TDD services.) You can file a grievance in person, by mail or by phone. If you need help filing a grievance, EmblemHealth’s Grievance and Appeals Department is available to help you. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights electronically through the Office of Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf or by mail or phone at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201; 1-800-368-1019, (dial 1-800-537-7697 for TTY services).
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
Getting Help in a Language Other than English