Paying Your Monthly Bill
New Enrollees and Active Members of an Individual/Family or Essential Plan
Thanks for signing up for an EmblemHealth Qualified Health Plan or Essential Plan, either on or off the NY State of Health Marketplace. You can pay your premium (monthly plan cost) by following the instructions on this page.
New Enrollees: To have active coverage, we must receive your first premium payment no later than 10 days after the due date listed on your bill. After that, premiums will be due by the due date listed on your bill.
First Premium for New Enrollees:
Did you choose coverage through the NY State of Health Marketplace?
If so, you have two choices for paying your first premium:
- Pay online. You can pay here securely. You will need your member ID number to make this payment. This number appears on the mailed bill you may have received.
- By mail. Send us a check with the bill you will soon get my mail, if you haven’t already received it.
Haven’t yet received your bill by email or mail?
We may still be processing the application you completed through the NY State of Health Marketplace. This may take up to 48 hours from the time you submitted your application. If you didn’t get an email bill, it may be because we don’t have an email address for you. To provide your email address, please call us at 1-888-447-7703, Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm.
Did you purchase coverage directly from EmblemHealth?
If so, and you didn’t pay online when you enrolled, you have a few options for paying your first premium:
- Scheduled payment. You may have set up a date to pay and asked us to remind you as the date neared. If so, please look out for an email reminder.
- By mail. Send us a check with the bill you will soon get by mail, if you haven’t already received it.
- By returning to the site where you enrolled. Log back into your account through the confirmation email you got when you enrolled. You can pay there securely, via a bank account you provide.
All Other Premiums:
The following instructions apply only if you’ve already paid your first premium. If you haven’t, please refer to the instructions above, under “First Premium for New Enrollees.” Be sure to pay your premium by the due date listed on your bill.
You have four choices for paying your second and all future premiums:
- Auto bill-pay (online). This service automatically withdraws your premium from your bank account each month. Learn how to sign up in the drop-down section below.
- Online. Each month you’ll receive a bill in your secure online myEmblemHealth account, which you can choose to pay online. We’ll send you an email reminder when it’s time to pay. Please allow 2 to 3 business days from the time you get the email for the bill to appear in your myEmblemHealth account. To pay online:
- Sign in to or register for your secure online myEmblemHealth account at emblemhealth.com.
- Under “Tools That Help You,” click “Pay Your Bill.”
- Follow the instructions under “Pay Your Bill.”
- By phone. Call 1-888-447-7703 and choose the option to pay by phone — through your checking or savings account, or with your Visa or MasterCard.
- By mail. Send in a check with the bill you get by mail.
Have questions about paying your premium, or about auto bill-pay?
Call EmblemHealth at 1-888-447-7703, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm (except major holidays). Please call 711 if you have a hearing or speech impairment and use a TTY/TDD.
Have questions about your financial assistance through the NY State of Health Marketplace?
Call the Marketplace at 1-855-355-5777, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm, or Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm. Please call 1-800-662-1220 if you have a hearing or speech impairment and use a TTY.