New! Talk to Doctors Anytime
EmblemHealth is excited to introduce Telehealth — a new benefit that offers the convenience of seeing a doctor anytime, day or night, using a computer, mobile device or phone. As of January 1, 2015, this service is now a covered benefit for active federal employees, eligible dependents and retirees.
Important! Telehealth is in-network care, but it doesn’t replace the care of your primary doctor. Only your doctor can provide the full range of care to meet your health needs.
Eligibility for Telehealth
You are covered for Telehealth if you have one of the following EmblemHealth plans:
- An Individual health plan under the FEHB GHI and HIP programs
- A Family health plan under the FEHB GHI and HIP programs
Here's How Telehealth Works
Any time of day, 365 days a year, you can use a computer, mobile device or phone to:
- Get non-urgent medical care for $10: Talk with doctors who practice primary care, family medicine and more. They can review your history with you, answer your questions, diagnose and treat medical conditions and prescribe certain medicines.*
- Talk to a registered dietitian (RD) for $5: Together you can review nutrition information and create personalized meal plans, grocery lists and recipes. RDs cannot prescribe drugs.
When Would I Use Telehealth?
- I feel sick and don't want to leave home.
- My doctor isn't free to see me.
- My schedule is busy.
- There’s no wait; I can connect right now.
- I just moved and don’t know local doctors.
- I’m out of town and need a doctor's advice.
When Wouldn't I Use Telehealth?
- I need emergency care.
- I need a biometric screening, such as a BMI (body mass index) or blood pressure check.
- My care requires a review of my health records or X-rays.
Take these steps to use your Telehealth services:
- Register online or download the Amwell app for iOS or Android. When registering:
- Enter EmblemHealth as your Group Key.
- HIP members indicate “EmblemHealth” as your health plan.
- GHI members indicate “EmblemHealth/GHI” as your health plan.
- Provide your member ID number.
- Choose a doctor from any doctor available in your state. You can review their backgrounds and see how they are rated before making your choice.
- Consult with the doctor using a computer, mobile device or phone.
- Follow up at no cost. You can choose to email the doctor securely after your appointment. A complete record of your talk will be saved to your account.
Call EmblemHealth Customer Service at the number on the back of your member ID card.
*Telehealth prescriptions apply only in US states where they are allowed, including New York State. In other states, you may not be able to get prescriptions through the Telehealth benefit.