Renewing Your Coverage
When it’s time to renew your EmblemHealth Qualified Health or Essential Plan, you'll get a letter in the mail during early fall telling you what you need to do. Your plan may automatically renew if the same plan is available in the upcoming coverage year and no additional information is needed about your eligibility. If so, you won’t need to do anything to renew your plan.
Did you apply through the NY State of Health Marketplace?
The letter may tell you that you qualify for a different plan in the upcoming coverage year or that you need to update the information in your Marketplace profile. If so, you’ll need to return to the NY State of Health Marketplace website to either choose a new plan or update your information.
Did you apply through EmblemHealth’s website?
How to get help:
In most cases, your plan will automatically renew. The only time you’d need to act is if we won’t be offering your plan in the upcoming coverage year. If so, the letter will tell you to renew your plan by signing in to your secure online account.
- For help renewing your plan, call us at 1-800-233-1831, daily, 8 am to 8 pm.
- For help with your current plan, call us at 1-888-447-7703, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
Have questions about financial assistance?
If you applied on the NY State of Health Marketplace and have questions about your tax credits, call 1-855-355-5777, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm, or Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm.
Want to renew your EmblemHealth Medicaid or Child Health Plus plan?
Visit our page
with instructions for renewing these plans.
Do You Qualify for Special Enrollment?
You may be eligible to apply for a health plan outside the open enrollment period (usually November through January) if you experience any of these events:
- Loss of health insurance (for reasons other than not paying your premium)
- Permanent move into New York State or a move within the State that makes new health plans available to you
- Marriage or domestic partnership
- Divorce or legal separation
- Pregnancy certified by a health care practitioner
- Birth or adoption of a child, or placement of a child in foster care
- Becoming eligible or ineligible for financial assistance to pay for your health plan
- Becoming a citizen, national, or lawfully present individual
Generally, you must report a qualifying life event within 60 days. Report the event either to the NY State of Health Marketplace or to EmblemHealth, depending on where you signed up for your plan. You may need to provide proof of the event upon enrolling in your plan.
Think you may qualify for special enrollment? Have questions?
Use our Affordable Care Advisor to see which plans you may qualify for. To confirm your eligibility, call the Marketplace at 1-855-355-5777 or call EmblemHealth at 1-800-233-1831, depending on where you signed up for your plan.