What is telemedicine?*
Telemedicine is real-time, online care from a doctor.
Any time of day, 365 days a year, you can use a computer, mobile device, or phone to get unlimited, non-urgent medical care:
- Talk with doctors in primary care, family medicine, and more.
- They can review your history, answer your questions, diagnose and treat medical conditions, and prescribe certain medicines.
Telemedicine is easy to use, private, secure, and free.
Who is eligible for the telemedicine benefit?
You are eligible for telemedicine if you are covered by either of the following plans:
How much does telemedicine cost?
- EmblemHealth Essential Plan
- EmblemHealth Qualified Health plan (any of our metal plans)
Telemedicine is in-network care. There’s no copay—the set amount you pay for health services each time you use them.
Can I use telemedicine when I’m traveling?
Telemedicine is great when you’re on the road for vacation or work. To speak to a doctor while you’re away, visit teladoc.com/emblemhealth.
How do I register for telemedicine?
When your register, be sure to provide your member ID number.
- Download the Teledoc app for iOS or Android.
- Sign up online at teladoc.com/emblemhealth, or
- Sign up by calling 800-TELA-DOC (800-835-2362) (TTY: 711)
How do I add my spouse to my account?
- Set up: Enter your information and complete your medical history.
- Request a visit: An online doctor is now just a call or click away.
If your spouse wants to enroll, they should create a separate account.
How do I add a child to my account?
You can add children under age 18 to your account. Enroll yourself first, and then add your child or dependent to your account.
What if I have a child over the age of 18 who is still on my health insurance?
Your child should create their own separate account and enroll as an adult.
When can I see a doctor through telemedicine?
You can use Telemedicine any time of day, 365 days a year, by using a computer, mobile device, or phone. It is specifically for non-urgent situations.
- Average 20 years of experience in primary and urgent care.
- Are U.S board-certified, licensed, and credentialed.
Remember: Telemedicine does not replace the care of your regular doctor. Only your doctor can provide the full range of care to meet your health needs.
When would I use telemedicine?
- I feel sick and don’t want to leave home.
- My doctor isn’t available.
- I have a busy schedule.
- I just moved and don’t know local doctors.
- I’m out of town and need a doctor’s advice.
When wouldn’t I use telemedicine?
What types of non-urgent conditions are right for telemedicine?
Use telemedicine for common issues like:
- I need emergency care.
- I need a biometric screening, such as a BMI (body mass index) or blood pressure check.
- My care requires a review of my health records or x-rays.
- Sore throat
- Painful urination
Questions? If you have questions, please call 800-TELA-DOC (800-835-2362) (TTY: 711). They are available any time of day, 365 days a year. Or, email Teladoc Client Services at ClientServices@teladoc.com.
*Starting January 1, 2019, your telemedicine benefit will be administered by Teladoc.