With our Prime Network, members can choose from over 90,000 private and group practice health professionals, facilities and 144 hospitals in 28 New York State counties — all five boroughs of New York City (the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island), plus Nassau, Suffolk, Orange, Rockland, and Westchester counties and upstate areas that stretch north of Albany.
- The Prime Network also includes:
- ConnectiCare HMO Network which has 18,000 primary care providers and specialists, and all 31 hospitals located in the eight counties in Connecticut.
- QualCare HMO Network includes 114,000 primary care providers and specialists, and 65 hospitals in the 21 counties across New Jersey.
Members also have coverage at many of the area’s most acclaimed hospitals, such as:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Northwell Health
- NYU Hospital Center
- Staten Island University Hospital
In addition to doctors in private practice, our network also includes physician group practices. At group practices, many health care professionals work together in one location.
When members go to a group practice, they can get many of their medical needs taken care of during a single appointment.
Other benefits may include:
- A full range of health services: preventive, primary care, and specialty care.
- Lab tests.
- Longer evening and weekend hours.
- Same day appointments for routine medical care.
- Urgent care centers.
To take advantage of plan benefits members need to see doctors in the Prime Network.
Care from out-of-network doctors is not covered under this plan. Members may have to pay for these services.
In cases of emergency, care is covered whether or not the hospital emergency room is in network -- members will be covered at any hospital nationwide. Emergency admissions should be reported within 48 hours, or as soon as reasonably possible.