Our HMO Preferred Plus plan is a unique approach to a traditional HMO plan. It offers three levels of benefit choices with a range of deductibles (the amount a member must pay before the plan starts to pay) that lower premium costs. Groups can choose a health plan that fits members’ financial comfort level.
Plus, with no cost for preventive services, and maternity and newborn care, members will save money. In addition, members will have access to benefits like telemedicine and acupuncture.
This is the right plan for employers who want to control costs while providing an extensive set of benefits to their employees. The plan features little or no paperwork and you can choose expanded network coverage with our Premium network. This plan gives comprehensive coverage, including hospital, medical, and pharmacy benefits.
- For businesses headquartered in New York State.
- Businesses must have 101 or more employees.
- In-network coverage.
- Wide range of covered services, including prescription drug coverage.
- Referrals are required.
- Little or no paperwork.
Helping Members Stay Healthy
In addition to their doctor’s care, below are some programs members can join to help them and their enrolled family members stay healthy.
PATH Wellness Programs*
- Wellness PATH Program: Support for weight management, stress reduction, physical activity and more.
- Healthy Beginnings PATH Pregnancy Management Program: For the health of mom and baby.
- Tobacco-Free PATH Smoking Cessation Program: Get help quitting.
Discount Health Programs
- Discounts on weight-loss programs, laser vision, acupuncture and more.**
- Quit-smoking programs.
- A Nurse Advice Line that members can call 24/7 to speak with a Registered Nurse.
- Self-management help tools on our secure member portal of emblemhealth.com.
Take a closer look at the health and wellness programs we offer.
* Availability of health and wellness programs may vary based on the EmblemHealth product selected.
**EmblemHealth cannot ensure that a particular vendor will remain in the program. The services available under these programs are not covered services underwritten by HIP Health Plan of New York (“HIP”) as part of the plan.
Information Purposes Only
Some services are subject to prior authorization. This summary is provided for information only; it does not contain complete details of the plan and it does not constitute an Agreement.
The HMO Preferred Plus plan is underwritten by HIP Health Plan of New York (HIP). This summary provides only benefit highlights. Coverage is subject to all terms, conditions, limits and exclusions set forth in the contract and certificate of insurance. Refer to HIP Policy Form 155-23-LGTIERCERT (04/16), et. al.