EmblemHealth HMO Large Group Members:
Offering a Preferred Provider Option
Date Issued: 8/15/2017
We are proud to introduce the concept of including “preferred providers” as part of our large group HMO plans. It’s a unique, cost-savings approach to traditional HMOs.
Our new HIP Preferred Plus plan offers members the option to choose a preferred provider as their primary care physician (PCP) from our Prime Network.
Here’s how it works:
- When members choose a preferred provider from our Prime Network as their PCP they will:
Members can find a Preferred Provider in the Prime Network by visiting emblemhealth.com/findadoctor and looking for this symbol
- Pay lower copays for office visits.
- Pay lower copays for specialist visits when referred by their preferred PCP.
- Save money, because they have no costs for preventive services, and maternity and newborn care.
- If a member chooses a non-preferred provider (called a participating provider) as their PCP they will:
- Pay higher copays for office visits.
- Pay higher copays for specialist visits.
Questions? Contact your EmblemHealth Account Manager, or call Broker and Group Services at 866-614-6040. Our hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. A representative will be happy to help.