The Virtual Office Visit
With EmblemHealth’s telemedicine benefit, members can talk to a doctor or registered dietician on their computer, mobile device, or phone.
Virtual office visits are in-network care, but do not replace a member’s primary care doctor.
- Convenient: Members can talk to a doctor or registered dietician from their home, their office, or anywhere on their phone, computer, or tablet.
- No appointment is needed.
- Doctors can order certain drugs.*
Dependable: Doctors are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Registered dieticians are available 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
Confidential: Members’ conversations and information are private and secure.
Members can enroll in telemedicine for free at any time, by:
- Downloading the mobile phone app for iOS or Android devices and entering the Service Key: emblemhealth.
- Signing-up on the web at americanwell.com.
- Calling 855-818-3627 (DOCS).
Telemedicine is available in the following ways:
- Embedded for Individuals and Small Groups
- Telemedicine is a benefit that is included in all individual and small group plans at no additional charge.
- Member copays are $0.
Rider for Large Groups
- Large groups can opt in to this program.
- Member copays range from $0 to $30.
- Copays must be established in $5 increments (e.g., $5, $10, $15).
- The copay for the doctor and dietician services must be the same.
Questions? Speak to your Sales Agent; or call EmblemHealth Account Services at 866-614-6040, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
*Telemedicine and e-prescriptions are available in almost every state including New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.