Now Available: New FIDA Provider Training Modules
Date Issued: 7/22/2015
As mandated by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Department of Health (DOH), and as previously communicated to you, all providers participating in the EmblemHealth Dual Assurance Network and/or the Associated Dual Assurance Network are required to complete the New York State Fully Integrated Duals Advantage (FIDA) provider training modules. The extended deadline for completion is Friday, August 21, 2015 for the following:
- FIDA Overview Training – explains the benefits, eligibility and basics of the FIDA program, including the Model of Care, the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) purpose and structure, the Comprehensive Assessment, the Person-Centered Service Plan (PCSP) components, Transition of Care, Authorizations, Grievance and Appeals and Community Resources
- Cultural Competency Training – explains how to support and interact effectively with persons of other cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Behavioral Health Training – explains how to identify and support persons with behavioral health issues and diagnosis
- Disability Training – explains the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and how to provide reasonable accommodations and support and effective interactions for persons with disabilities including the elderly
- Recovery & Wellness - covers Independent Living, Recovery Model, Issues facing Nursing Home Residents and Wellness Programs.
Visit the FIDA Provider Training website to access the modules. When you sign in to complete the training, you may be prompted to select all of the FIDA health plans in which you participate. Providers may select EmblemHealth (HIP), ArchCare (Catholic Managed Long Term Care, Inc.) and GuildNet, as applicable. You need only complete each module once to satisfy the requirement for all the FIDA plans with which you participate. For technical assistance with the training site, you can email the website administrators at RIC@lewin.com.
The clinical leadership and compliance/administrative staff in your organization are also required to take the FIDA training. It is the responsibility of your organizational leadership to provide FIDA education of downstream staff and providers either by directing them to the FIDA Provider Training website or through an in-service training. To conduct an in-service training, visit FIDA: Downloadable Provider Training.
Additional information on FIDA provider training requirements can be found at the links below:
*Please note: EmblemHealth is required to track, document and report to the NYSDOH on the completion of all trainings and address non-completion of the training requirements accordingly. If prompted during online registration, please be sure to select EmblemHealth (HIP), ArchCare (Catholic Managed Long Term Care, Inc.) and GuildNet, as applicable.