Myriad Genetics - Not Contracted with EmblemHealth
Date Issued: 9/1/2016
Effective September 1, 2016, Myriad Genetics is no longer contracted with EmblemHealth. All hereditary cancer risk testing (MyRisk, BRCA, and Lynch Syndrome testing) provided by Myriad Genetics is no longer a covered service for our members on an in-network basis. While EmblemHealth maintains contracts with other laboratories to provide outpatient clinical services for our members, our preferred laboratory for clinical laboratory services is Quest Diagnostics Inc.
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information services, with over 40 years of experience in oncology and genetic testing. They have over 700 MD and PhD professionals, including a team of 40 board-certified geneticists and counselors who are available for expert consultation.
Hereditary Cancer Risk Testing
For information, access the Quest Diagnostics hereditary cancer testing menu. The offerings include:
- MyVantage – a comprehensive hereditary cancer risk assay that includes 34 genes, including all 25 genes that are currently in Myriad Genetic’s MyRisk panel. The genes were selected after extensive review of the medical literature to ensure clinicians have information on all clinically actionable genes.
- GIVantage – a 13-gene panel that contains all genes with a known association to gastrointestinal cancers, including those associated with Lynch Syndrome.
- QVantage – a 14-gene, women’s health panel that contains genes associated with breast and ovarian cancer as well as Lynch syndrome.
In addition to these comprehensive panels, Quest Diagnostics offers a variety of more focused panels, including single gene assays, allowing you to customize your testing to meet specific patient needs. For help in selecting the most appropriate test, or for assistance in interpreting results, please call a Quest Diagnostics genetic counselor at 1-866-GENE-INFO (1-866-4363-4636).
The Quest Diagnostics hereditary cancer testing service also includes:
- Access to numerous Quest patient service centers within the tristate area to facilitate specimen collection.
- Follow up calls from a genetic counselor to discuss clinical implications for all positive results.
- Electronic ordering and resulting to your EMR or via our proprietary Care360 platform.
- Concierge service to assist your staff with the EmblemHealth prior authorization process.
If you would like to obtain more information, or set up an account with Quest, please call 1-800-631-1390, or visit questdiagnostics.com.