Disease Management PATH Programs
Our disease management (DM) PATH program for the chronic conditions like heart failure, COPD, diabetes, CAD and asthma is designed to complement your care. We offer outbound calls and ongoing education. Members in need of the program are identified via health risk surveys, claims data, self-referral and referrals through you, their doctors and practitioners.
A Proactive Approach
The programs support practitioner care plans by using evidence-based clinical practice guidelines to emphasize how members can prevent complications and flare-ups of chronic conditions.
The DM PATH program provides the following services:
- One-on-one telephonic health-coaching and monitoring centered on a care plan created by a registered nurse and other health care staff
- Ensure that your patients can understand how to best manage their condition
- Periodically evaluate their health status and provide a quarterly electronic newsletter with the latest information on their diseases
- Educational tools to assist with understanding their diseases, including
- Symptom management
- Diet and nutrition needs
- Treatment options
- Planning for doctor visits
- Coordination of care between the members and their practitioners, support-service providers, caregivers and health plan
- Access to community-based support services
Members are automatically enrolled in the DM program; however, they can opt out at any time by calling our toll-free line. From time to time, we will provide you with updates and other information we collect on your patients. If you have any questions or would like to refer patients to our DM PATH program please call us at 1-888-881-3112 Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to 7:30 pm.
Providers can make a member referral to the Healthy Beginnings PATH Program by calling 888-447-0337 Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Additional information on the health management PATH programs is available in the Provider Manual.