Kids Need Your Care
It is important for infants to have regular visits (at least 6 in the first 15 months) and yearly thereafter. Exams should include:
- Screens for lead
- Administration of vaccines
- History and exam
- Health and developmental history (physical and mental)
- Anticipatory guidance
Children and their families should also be encouraged to visit the dentist at least yearly.
Every Office Visit Is an Opportunity
- Take advantage to immunize and provide preventive services regardless of the visit reason. Sick visits and preventive services can be billed utilizing modifiers.
- Review patient rosters periodically.
- Use call back and reminder systems to increase visit rates and build your practice.
Please make sure all preventive services are billed using the appropriate codes:
- For infants: 99381, 99382, 99391, 99392, 99461
- For young children: 99382, 99383, 99392, 99393
These efforts will improve attendance and help improve health outcomes for your pediatric patients, as well as ensure payment for your services.