“I feel like breakfast always gets the short end of the stick during the holidays- everyone’s always getting ready to eat a dinner feast of savory sides and entrée. But let’s not forget that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!”
-Jinni Baek, Enterprise Marketing Specialist at EmblemHealth
- 1 large apple
- 2 ½ cups of rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup of applesauce
- 3 tablespoon agave
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 medium apple grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Take 1 large apple and cut through from ½ inch from the top (stem side). Scoop the bottom half of the apple and chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix applesauce, almond milk, vanilla and melted coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in grated apples.
- Pour batter into the hollowed out apple and top with chopped apple bits.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before serving.
The post Healthy Holiday Recipe: Apple and Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake appeared first on Who's Caring For You?.