The best way to prevent any virus from spreading is to:
· Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Using a hand sanitizer can help as well, but washing your hands is always preferable. Teach children early on how to properly wash their hands.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough into the crook of your elbow, not your hands.
· Clean and disinfect surfaces and touchpoints like doorknobs, handles, light switches, and your phone.
Continue to practice good hygiene to prevent coronavirus, and other severe illnesses like the flu, from spreading.