Caring for your mental health is just as important as caring for your physical health. Don’t worry—we’re here to help.
Emergency? Get Confidential, 24/7 Support
If you’re thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, confidential help is available 24/7—no referrals needed. Seeking help is a sign of strength. Using your health insurance to pay for services will never be a part of your employment record. Your privacy is completely protected.
If you are an EmblemHealth member, your mental health and substance use benefits are provided through our partner Beacon Health Options. Call 888-447-2526 for confidential, 24/7 support.
If you are a Montefiore member, your mental health and substance use benefits are provided through Montefiore. Call 800-401-4822 for confidential, 24/7 support.
Find a Provider – No Referral Needed
Is stress preventing you from enjoying the simple things in life? Are you using alcohol or drugs to get through a rough time? Whatever it is, our network of mental health professionals are here to help.
- If you are an EmblemHealth member, call Beacon Health Options at 888-447-2526, 24/7 to find a mental health provider near you.
- If you are a Montefiore member, call 800-401-4822, 24/7 to find a mental health provider near you.
If you’d prefer to search online for a provider, please follow these instructions.
Use the Find a Doctor tool and select “Mental Health and Substance Abuse”. This will take you to the Beacon Health Options “Find a Provider” search, which has information specific to your plan. Find providers by location, specialty and more.
If you’re a Montefiore member, please call 800-401-4822 to find a mental health provider.
EmblemHealth Neighborhood Care
Need help managing stress? Looking for a support group? EmblemHealth Neighborhood Care offers free health and wellness programs, open to all. Click here to find a location near you.
- NYC Well is available to listen and help. It is free, confidential and available twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week.
- Call: 888-NYC-WELL (888-692-9355)
- Text: WELL to 65173
- Chat: nyc.gov/nycwell
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255. If you use a TTY/TDD, call 800-799-4889. It is free, confidential and available twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week.
- Call the NYPD cop-to-cop mental health hotline (separate from the NYPD) if you’re a service member. POPPA: 88-COPSCOP (1-888-267-7267).
Understanding Your Coverage
It can be difficult dealing with life’s ups and downs. Maybe you are going through a divorce, recently had a death in the family or have been diagnosed with a chronic illness. Or, perhaps you have been drinking alcohol more often than casually or fear you have developed an addiction problem. Help is available.
The Emblem Behavioral Health Services program can help you understand your coverage for behavioral health and substance use issues and discuss your eligibility for additional support services and programs.
Medicaid members who are covered by HARP (Health and Recovery Plans) can also learn about setting up coverage through a care management system that coordinates physical and behavioral health services, known as a Health Home.
You can sign in to myEmblemhealth to find out about your coverage. Simply enter your user ID and password to get started.