PATH Programs for Living Better with Chronic Illness
A New Path to Health Management
Managing a condition can be overwhelming. We are here to help you by offering eligible members access to education and support through our PATH health management programs. These programs complement your doctor’s care and help you better understand and manage your condition to meet your health goals.
You or a covered family member can join one of our PATH health management programs for help managing diabetes, heart failure, coronary artery disease (CAD), asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Along with your doctor, we’ll help you take care of your physical, behavioral and emotional health, in a way that meets your lifestyle and cultural needs.
The PATH programs are free and voluntary. Some members sign up themselves. Others are referred by their doctors. We also identify members monthly for the program by reviewing health surveys, claims and pharmacy data, health appraisals, lab results and participation in health coaching or other programs. Please call the phone number listed on the back of your member ID card if you were enrolled in the program but do not want to participate.
Our PATH Programs are designed to:
- Help you understand your condition.
- Improve your discussions about your health and safety with your doctors.
- Show you how to make lifestyle changes that will keep your condition under good control.
- Identify ways for you to stay healthy and safe.
- Coordinate your treatment plan with your doctor.
- Give you a chance to tell us about your experience with the program.
Click on our programs below if you want to:
- Work one on one with a professional health coach or nurse by telephone.
- Get free educational materials about symptom management, health and safety risks, treatments, diet and nutrition and more.
- Find support services provided in your community.
Visit any of the following links for more information about our PATH programs:
Please note, City of New York PPO members are not eligible for the telephonic services provided through the PATH programs listed below.