Having a child may be one of the most joyous times of your life, but we recognize that learning to care for a new baby can also be overwhelming. There’s so much to learn about your baby and yourself. To make this special time in your life easier, EmblemHealth has partnered with Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) to provide eligible members with two in-home nursing visits, so you can become comfortable in caring for your newborn.
- Peace of mind knowing that you and your baby are doing well at home.
- This service is offered at no cost to you.
- These are home visits, so there is no need to get a babysitter if you have other children.
- Help in recognizing newborn weight and measurement milestones and learning how to take your baby’s temperature.
- Answers to your questions about your baby: what crying means, bathing, breast feeding, and how to cope with sibling rivalry.
- Answers to questions about your health: bleeding, pain, baby blues and more.
- Help to make sure you and your baby stay healthy before your next doctor visits.
- Help in identifying and obtaining needed services such as WIC, medical care and community assistance.
- Reassurance for moms with babies in NICU that they are staying healthy.
If your baby was admitted to NICU after birth, call 1-888-447-0337 to see if you are eligible for the NICU Aftercare program.
There’s so much to learn when caring for yourself and your new baby. Let us help you — right in your own home! Please remember: Services do not take the place of your doctor’s care. For medical advice, consult your doctor .