- Hospitalization: EmblemHealth pays Part A coinsurance* plus coverage for 365 additional days in your lifetime after Medicare stops paying.
- Medical Expenses: EmblemHealth pays Part B coinsurance* (20 percent of Medicare-approved expenses), Medicare pays 80 percent.
- Blood: First three pints of blood each year.
- Hospice care: EmblemHealth pays Part A coinsurance.*
- Coinsurance* for skilled nursing facility care.
- Part A inpatient deductible** per benefit period: $1,484 in 2021.
- Emergency care rendered during the first 60 days of foreign travel.
- $20 copayment for office visit
- Up to $50 copayment for emergency room visit
* Coinsurance is the portion or percentage of the cost of a Medicare covered service that you are responsible to pay.
** Part A inpatient deductible is the dollar amount of costs for covered services you would be expected to pay for Medicare Part A hospitalization services, including semi-private room and board, general nursing and miscellaneous services and supplies during the first 60 days of a covered admission.