|Reminder: Per our recent compliance initiative, all brokers should make sure they’ve signed a new Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and have submitted it to EmblemHealth. Any other documentation in need of an update should also be submitted at this time.|
Broker Application Process
We look forward to doing business with health insurance brokers throughout New York State. So, we invite you to partner with us by applying to become an EmblemHealth broker.
You’ll be able to sell a full range of our large and small group medical, dental, and ancillary plans from any or all three of our New York underwriting companies:
- GHI (Group Health Incorporated)
- HIP (HIP Health Plan of New York)
- HIPIC (HIP Insurance Company of New York)
Here’s how the process works:
- Existing brokers execute the following:
- New brokers execute the following:
- Provide the following documentation :
- A copy of your current New York State individual or corporate broker license issued under section 2104 of the insurance law, or agent license issued under section 2103(a) of the insurance law that stipulates accident and health accreditation. (If you are applying as a corporation, include both parts of the corporate broker license.)
- A completed W-9 form.
- If applicable, your Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy. Return only the front page.
- Submit all completed documents using one of the following methods:
Small Group Off-Exchange Commission (Effective January 1, 2019)