In the event of a medical emergency, EmblemHealth covers emergency transportation to the nearest appropriate facility for Commercial and Medicare members. Medicaid FFS covers emergency medical transportation for Medicare HMO D-SNP, Medicaid, and HARP. Emergency transportation does not require a preauthorization. Members are instructed to dial 911 to obtain immediate assistance.
Medicaid FFS covers medically necessary nonemergency transportation for Medicaid, HARP, and Medicare HMO D-SNP members to obtain medical care and services. Nonemergency medical transportation includes: personal vehicle, bus, taxi, ambulette, and public transportation.
To arrange for transportation, members/providers must call:
- Nassau and Suffolk County members: LogistiCare at 844-678-1103.
- Westchester County members: Medical Answering Services (MAS) at 866-883-7865.
- New York City Members: Medical Answering Services (MAS) at 844-666-6270.
If possible, the member or provider should call the above numbers at least 3 days prior to the member’s medical appointment and give the representative:
- Medicaid ID number (for example, AB12345C).
- Appointment date and time.
- Address where the appointment will take place.
- The doctor’s name.
For more information visit the eMedNY website.
City of New York Medicare Members with End-Stage Renal Disease
In 2020, transportation for City of New York Medicare members receiving dialysis may use Coordinated Transportation Solutions if transportation assistance is needed.