Reminder: Keep Your Directory Data Current
To make sure our members can find you, keep your EmblemHealth listing updated. It is especially important to let us know when a provider has left your group. To help, we make it easy to update your information. You can:
- Review the information we have on file for you by going to your profile on our secure provider portal. If you have not registered for an account, there is a registration button on the sign-in page. With a portal account you can add or delete locations directly to your profile.
- Send us updates by sending a fax to our Provider Modifications Team at 877-889-9061.
Note: If you work for an organization that credentials its own clinicians, please ask your administrator to make changes for you. Your updates cannot be processed if submitted directly to EmblemHealth.
If you run into trouble, please call us at 866-447-9717. Our hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday. A customer service representative can help.
Keeping your information current ensures that we can process claims, send you important information, and keep our directories current. Thank you for partnering with us to care for our members.
Change of Address and Contact Notification
Providers must notify Medicaid of any change of address, telephone number, or other pertinent information within 15 days of the change. For more detail on this requirement and how to submit changes, click here.
eMedNY distributes provider checks and paper remittances using the Pay-To Address kept on file. Other mail, including important updates, is directed to the Correspondence Address kept on file for providers. Providers may be missing out on important notifications if their address on file is outdated. Occasionally, eMedNY provider representatives will need to contact providers by telephone with important information that may impact claims processing and payment.
How to Update Information:
To update provider addresses and telephone information, providers must complete their designated Change of Address form. Each Change of Address form contains detailed instructions for submission based on provider type and license/registration address.
- Fee-for-Service (FFS) providers (such as practitioners, DME, laboratories, transportation, etc.): Practitioners, Businesses and Groups Change of Address Form
- Rate-based (Institutional) providers: NYS Medicaid Institutional/Rate Based Provider Change of Address Form
Change of Address forms can be completed online using the fillable option or printed. Providers must sign using their original signature in ink without using white-out, red ink, or double-sided forms. Both forms must be mailed to:
eMedNY P.O. Box 4610 Rensselaer, NY 12144-4610
With respect to participation in Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB), providers and facilities must have in place business processes to ensure the timely provision of provider directory information to EmblemHealth:
- when the provider or facility begins a network agreement with EmblemHealth,
- when the provider or facility terminates a network agreement with EmblemHealth,
- when there are material changes to the content of provider directory information,
- upon request by EmblemHealth and
- at any other time determined appropriate by the provider, facility or U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.