Resources to help 29-I VFCA providers do business with EmblemHealth
Beginning July 1, 2021, all children and youth age 21 and under placed with a 29-I Voluntary Foster Care Agency (VFCA) Health Facility will be enrolled in Medicaid Managed Care. To facilitate a smooth transition, we have created Frequently Asked Questions and training exclusively for 29-I providers. Download a PDF of the training or watch this 50-minute video to learn about:
- Who we are
- Web resources available to you
- How to read our member ID cards
- Our managed care partners
- Transactions you can do using our secure provider website (eligibility, benefits, claims, preauthorization)
- Resources you can share with patients
Once you have reviewed the training, be sure to complete/submit the online Letter of Attestation.
Note: Beginning Sept. 1, 2021, EmblemHealth no longer requires referrals from primary care providers for specialty care for foster care members. Removing specialty care referral requirements will help promote access to services for a population whose needs are continuously changing.