As a member of EmblemHealth VIP Dual (HMO D-SNP), you will get an OTC Medicare card with a monthly benefit up to $125 depending on where you live when you enroll in the plan. As a member of the EmblemHealth VIP Dual Select (HMO D-SNP), you will get an OTC Medicare card with a monthly benefit up to $50 when you enroll in the plan. You can use this card to buy covered items from any OTC pharmacy we contract with. Please review list of covered items below.
Please note that not all OTC items are covered. Your card will only work for covered items.
Order Your Over-the-Counter (OTC) Items at Home—Free Shipping
In addition to using your OTC card at participating retail locations, now you can use it to order your covered OTC items online, by phone, or through mail order. There is no additional cost to you. Get your covered OTC items like cold/flu medicine, incontinence supplies, vitamins, and many more from the comfort of your home. Be sure you activated your card before using it.
Three simple ways to order your OTC items at home:
Call NationsOTC at 844-432-4327 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to place an order.
Complete an order form and mail it to NationsOTC. You will receive your shipment in the mail within two to five business days from the time of receipt. Call NationsOTC to get an order form.
Visit NationsOTC.com/emblemhealth to select your covered items and complete the checkout process.
Please note: If the total amount of your order is more than your OTC card balance, NationsOTC will ask you for alternate method of payment. You can use a credit card online or over the phone and a check when using mail order.
How to buy your OTC item(s) at a participating store:
To get your OTC item(s), take your card and your covered OTC item(s) to the checkout at any store or pharmacy in the OTC network. The amount you spend will be taken out of your monthly benefit. Your left-over balance will show at the bottom of your receipt. Any leftover balance will carry over until your next purchase. You must use the entire balance on the card before the end of each month. On the first day of each month your balance will be reset.
You can use the card to pay for covered OTC items at participating stores, including Duane Reade, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens and Family Dollar. Other stores are available in the network. If you are an EmblemHealth VIP Dual (HMO D-SNP), or EmblemHealth VIP Dual Select (HMO D-SNP) member, call 877-344-7364 (TTY: 711) for help finding a participating store.
For card balance:
Please call 888-682-2400 and enter your OTC Medicare card number listed on the front of your card and your plan member ID located on the front of your EmblemHealth VIP Dual (HMO D-SNP), or EmblemHealth VIP Dual Select (HMO D-SNP) member ID card. You can also check your balance at otcnetwork.com.
Our plan covers some OTC drugs in these categories:
- Acid controllers, liquids and tablets
- Adult aspirin, and pain relief
- Allergy, sinus and combination liquids and tablets
- Bathtub safety and accessories
- CoQ10 only (UBIQUINOL)
- Cough, cold and flu liquids and tablets
- Denture/dental care (floss, toothbrush, toothpaste, and denture care)
- Digestive aids (probiotics and prebiotics)
- Ear drops and eye wash
- Elevated toilet seats and accessories
- Foot care (corn/callus/bunion pads and removers, anti-fungal powders/creams/liquids/sprays)
- Hand held showers
- Grab bars and handles
- Grooming and dressing aids
- Heart health and essential fatty acids (fish oil, flax, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), etc.)
- Incontinence supplies
- Laxatives (stool softeners and fiber acid)
- Mobility Safety: Stair rails, stair treads, temporary mobility ramps
- Sitz baths and bidets
- Vaporizers, humidifiers and accessories
- Vitamins and minerals
Our plan does not cover OTC drugs in these categories:
- Herbals and botanicals - (example echinacea- ginseng-ginkgo biloba)
- Foot care (foot grooming, foot moisturizers, exfoliators & cleansers, odor and wetness treatment insoles/inserts)
- Weight Management foods (liquids, powders and bars)
- Meal replacement shakes/nutrition drinks (Ensure, Boost and Glucerna)
- Oral care (mouthwash and breath remedies)
- Sport/energy liquids
How to get reimbursed:
If you forget to bring your card with you to the store or pharmacy, you may also ask for a refund using a paper claim form.
After you pay for the OTC item(s), simply mail your completed paper claim form to us with a copy of the receipt(s) for the covered item(s) you bought. We will then refund you for the covered OTC item(s) and take off that amount from your current card balance.
If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at 877-344-7364 (TTY: 711), 8 am to 8 pm, seven days a week. Customer Service has free language translator services available for non-English speakers.