We're committed to taking care of our members. And your health is only part of it. EmblemHealth sets itself apart from the competition through a combination of experience, personalized service, plan options and a large hospital and provider network. We contact our members personally over the phone to help them understand the health care system and to get the most out of it.
The EmblemHealth Difference
If you have Medicaid Managed Care or Child Health Plus with EmblemHealth, please call our Customer Service department at 855-283-2146. Our staff is available Monday through Friday (excluding major holidays), 8 am to 6 pm, and our automated service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You may also log in to myEmblemHealth, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to:
- Review the most up-to-date listing of network doctors and other providers
- Select or change your PCP
- Request a replacement ID card
- View your benefits
- Change your PIN
- Read member newsletters
- Get preventive health information
If your child is already a Child Health Plus member, please have his or her ID available. If your child is not yet a member, please be ready to provide your or his/her Social Security number.
NEW: Currently pregnant or planning to start a family?
Medicaid and HARP members (ages 18-45) who are currently expecting or planning to start a family can now access our telehealth portal. Get information on childbirth education classes (free of cost), breastfeeding support, nutrition, child safety, and more. There is no out-of-pocket cost to join.
To learn more, or to join, call 855-283-2146 (TTY:711) and ask to enroll. You will receive a text from EmblemHealth to register.
Looking to become an EmblemHealth member?
For general questions about Child Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care or HARP and to apply, call: 888-447-2863, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
EmblemHealth has contracted with doctors and other health care providers to help us meet your health care needs. These doctors and specialists, hospitals, labs and other health care facilities make up our provider network. You'll find a list of these providers right here on our Web site using the Find a Doctor tool or in our provider directory. The list includes the languages spoken in provider offices, which providers are accepting new patients, and which offices are wheelchair accessible. You can also call Customer Service at 1-800-447-8255 to ask for a printed directory.
As a member of EmblemHealth, one of our network providers will take care of you. Most of the time, that person will be your primary care physician (PCP). If you need to have a test, see a specialist or go into the hospital, your PCP will arrange it.
You can choose a PCP that works in:
- A medical center - Many of our network medical centers are full-service. They have large staffs of PCPs, OB/GYNs, specialists and support personnel. This makes it easy to get a full range of services in one place. If you need lab tests or X-rays, our network medical centers can perform most basic tests and procedures. If your PCP wants you to get a special procedure or operation that can't be done at your medical center, you'll be referred to a place that will meet your needs. Your PCP will arrange for all such services.
- A doctor’s office - If you prefer, you can choose a PCP that has a private office. In this case, your PCP will refer you to another network doctor or facility for care that he or she cannot provide directly.
- A Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) - You can also choose to get care at one of our contracted FQHCs, neighborhood health centers that offers primary and specialty care.