Talk to Doctors Anytime
EmblemHealth is excited to offer Telemedicine online virtual office visits — a benefit that offers the convenience of seeing a doctor anytime, day or night, using a computer, mobile device or phone. If Telemedicine is included in your plan, enroll today! Check your member contract or subscriber certificate for details.
Important! Telemedicine is in-network care, but it doesn’t replace the care of your primary doctor. Only your doctor can provide the full range of care to meet your health needs.
Eligibility for Telemedicine
You are covered for Telemedicine if you have one of the following EmblemHealth plans:
- EmblemHealth’s individual and family health plans (both on and off the NY State of Health marketplace, including the Essential Plans)
- Select Care Platinum
- Select Care Gold
- Select Care Silver
- Select Care Silver Value
- Select Care Bronze
- Select Care Bronze Value
- Select Care Basic
- Essential Plan
- EmblemHealth’s small business health HMO plans (upon group’s 2017 renewal)
- Select Care Platinum S
- EmblemHealth HMO 15/35 Platinum
- Select Care Gold S
- EmblemHealth HMO 40/60 Gold
- EmblemHealth Healthy NY HMO Gold
- Select Care Silver S
- Select Care Silver Value S
- Select Care Bronze S
- Select Care Bronze Value S
Unsure of your plan type?
Call the number on the back of your member ID card.
Here's How Telemedicine Works
Any time of day, 365 days a year, you can use a computer, mobile device or phone to:
- Get non-urgent medical care for $0: Talk with doctors in primary care, family medicine and more. They can review your history, answer your questions, diagnose and treat medical conditions and prescribe certain medicines.
- Talk to a registered dietitian (RD) for $0: Together you can review nutrition information and create personalized meal plans, grocery lists and recipes. RDs can't prescribe drugs.
When Would I Use Telemedicine?
- I feel sick and don't want to leave home.
- My doctor isn't free.
- My schedule is busy.
- There’s no wait; I can connect right now.
- I just moved and don’t know local doctors.
- I’m out of town and need a doctor's advice.
When Wouldn't I Use Telemedicine?
- I need emergency care.
- I need a biometric screening, such as a BMI (body mass index) or blood pressure check.
- My care requires a review of my health records or X-rays.
If you're eligible, take these steps to register for Telemedicine:
- Register: Create an account online or download the Amwell app for iOS or Android. When registering:
- Indicate EmblemHealth as your health plan
- Provide your member ID number
- Enter EmblemHealth as your Group Key
- Choose a doctor: Choose from any doctor available in your state. You can review their backgrounds, see how they are rated and choose the one you want to see.
- Consult a doctor: Talk to the doctor using a computer, mobile device or phone.
- Follow up: At no cost, you can choose to email the doctor securely after your appointment. A complete record of your talk will be saved to your account.
Call EmblemHealth Customer Service at the number on the back of your member ID card.