November is National Family Caregivers Month. Nearly 50 million Americans will provide care to a chronically ill, aged or disabled family member in any given year, meaning we may all be family caregivers at some point. When it comes time for you to lend a helping hand, here is a list of questions to ask when visiting a doctor.
Download a printable version here.
- Does this diagnosis put any restrictions on my loved one?
- As a caregiver, how am I able to help?
- Are there any resources available for the medications my loved one is taking?
- What is the plan of treatment from here?
- What happens if the diagnosis gets worse?
- Are there foods or exercises my loved one should avoid?
- Can you provide a copy of my loved one’s medical records?
- How can I reach you for further questions?