Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Explore Central Park: The city’s iconic park offers hundreds of attractions for families across its 843 acres. The park has numerous paths to explore together, including a running and biking path. You can even rent a rowboat—it’s a great workout for your arms! For more information, check out their website: https://www.centralpark.com.
- Take a ride by the Manhattan Waterfront: Enjoy a morning bike ride or a brisk walk together before the hot sun comes out along this 32-mile route. It’s the perfect way to start a weekend morning!
- Go by the Brooklyn Bridge Park: Spend an afternoon at the Pier 6 playground, swinging on ropes and going down its two-story slides. Then stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge for some extra cardio and one-of-a-kind views.
- Visit the High Line: There’s nothing like a walk on the High Line, NYC’s elevated park. Take the 1.45-mile long walk together while enjoying the Hudson River and city skyline views. The park also features a variety of plant life and artwork.
- Venture to Flushing Meadows Corona Park: Explore the largest park in Queens! Start with a friendly tennis match in one of the courts and then get your hearts pumping with a family game of soccer. Practice your balance and burn more calories by renting a paddleboat. The park also includes a zoo, art museum, botanical garden, science museum, and a baseball stadium for you to explore.
Enjoy getting out this summer and staying healthy with your family!