May is Mental Health Awareness Month
Are any of these symptoms familiar to you?
If so, these could be the early signs of a common and treatable mental health condition.
You are not alone. One in four Americans experiences a mental health condition each year.1 When addressed early, these symptoms can be treated successfully.
The following are things you can do to help care for your mental health:
- Develop healthy relationships
- Get involved in your community
- Have workplace/life balance
- Take five slow deep breaths
- Manage stress
- Add one piece of fruit to your daily diet
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Stop smoking
- Take a walk each day
- Get enough sleep
- Drink water
Getting help is easy.
Take a quick survey to assess your mental health.
Please Note: The results of these surveys are not necessarily a diagnosis of a mental health condition. Please see a behavioral health professional to share your results and receive further assistance.
Help is Available
To find a behavioral health professional, please contact:
- Beacon Health Options Behavioral Health Customer Service Line: 1-888-447-2526
- University Behavioral Associates Referral Line (Montefiore Members): 1-800-401-4822
You can also use the Find a Doctor tool on emblemhealth.com.
1 National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). Mental Illness Facts and Numbers. March 2013. http://www2.nami.org/factsheets/mentalillness_factsheet.pdf