You will continue to have a $25 annual deductible for each of the following services: private duty nursing (PDN), durable medical equipment (DME), and ambulance services. Your annual maximum benefit for all three services is $2,500. You can continue to get DME and ambulance services after you met your annual benefit maximum, covered by Medicare and pay 20% coinsurance.
Below are some commonly used services we cover.*
- Office visits (primary care provider (PCP) or specialist)
- Laboratory tests
- Allergy testing/injections
- Chiropractic services (Medicare-covered)
- Podiatry (Medicare-covered)
- Mental health and use disorder treatment
- Urgent care
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Cardiac rehabilitation services
- Pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Complex diagnostic test and radiology
- Radiation therapy
- Vision care (Medicare-covered)
*Please note this is not a full list. For specific benefit questions, call 800-624-2414 (TTY: 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
You can enhance your Senior Care program with the following services:
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plan for City of New York retirees.
- Increased inpatient hospital benefit to 365 days (underwritten by and provided through Empire BlueCross BlueShield)