The City and its unions are partnering with EmblemHealth to offer Teladoc.
It’s an easy, convenient way to access doctors for treatment of non-emergency conditions, including:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus problems
- Skin problems
Teladoc is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Teladoc is available to all City of New York employees, their families, and non-Medicare eligible members enrolled in the GHI Comprehensive Benefits Plan (PPO).
Why use Teladoc?
- Board certified doctors with over 20 years of experience are ready to help you any time of day.
- Wait time is less than 10 minutes.
- If you need care now, are traveling out of town, or are considering going to the Emergency Room (ER) or Urgent Care for a non-emergency issue, Teladoc doctors can help right away.
- Your family’s first visit is free.* After that, Teladoc visits have a $10 copay. This is a lower amount than the $15 copay you have with your Primary Care Physician (PCP).
How Do I Join?
- Visit Teladoc.com/emblemhealth or call 800-835-2362 (800-Teladoc) (TTY: 711) to set up your account.
- Complete your medical history.
- Once you register, you are just a call or click away from getting treatment.
*Your family’s first Teladoc visit is paid for by the City of New York. Visits to your Primary Care Physician (PCP) have a $15 copay.