We have seventy-one days until the end of the summer this year. That’s almost two more months of longer days in NYC! However you like to spend the summer, make sure your health is still a priority. Here are 13 tips to help you focus on your health and get the most out of the rest of summer.
- Start your day with lemon water to feel hydrated and refreshed. It may also help your digestion throughout the day.
- Swap soups with summer salads and try adding seasonal fruits like blueberries or apples to your salads for extra nutrients.
- Speaking of fruits, keep track of this fruit and vegetable harvest calendar to enjoy the freshest produce in New York.
- Get a portable water bottle to stay hydrated everywhere and anywhere you go. Don’t forget being under the sun and sweating can leave the body dehydrated, so be sure to drink up.
- Keep active, even during beach days. Pack a ball to play soccer with or to throw around.
- Protect your skin from UV rays by using a sunscreen lotion of at least SPF 30.
- Maintain your summer glow by exfoliating. Remember, summertime usually means an increase in dead skin cells.
- If you’re off during the summer or have extra time, try volunteering. Stay busy and active with your community. You can find a variety of programs in NYC here.
- Skip taking the subway if you can and go for a brisk walk instead.
- When you’re having a stressful day, enjoy the nice weather and try mindful walking.
- If you’re having a barbeque, include vegetables like bell peppers, onion, and eggplant. Fruits like pineapple, apples, and pears also taste great grilled and are healthy for you!
- Bookmark the NYC Parks Events Calendar! You can find something fun and healthy to do in every borough and most of the events are free.
- Don’t forget to rest! There’s always something to do in NYC so it can be easy to forget to rest. Try setting an alarm to remind you it’s bedtime.
The post 13 Tips to Make Your Summer Healthier appeared first on Who's Caring For You?.