June is Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month—a great time to add some summer produce to your diet!
Berry Spinach Smoothie
1 cup of orange juice
1 cup of raspberries
1 1/2 cup of loosely packed spinach
2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- Pour 1 cup of orange juice into blender
- Add the raspberries
- Add spinach
- Blend on medium-high until spinach is no longer visible
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of agave syrup to sweeten
Kale With Garlic and Peppers Salad
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups red bell pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, chopped and seeded
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 cups kale, chopped and stems removed
½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add red bell pepper, jalapeño, salt and black pepper and sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chopped kale and broth and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Stir in garlic and increase heat to medium.
- Cook uncovered for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
Peach Popsicles Recipe
Tools you’ll need
Blender or food processor
3 medium-sized peaches
2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. agave nectar
- Wash peaches and slice into thin pieces.
- Place sliced peaches in a blender or food processor and blend until mixture is thick and chunky.
- Pour mixture into a medium-sized bowl and stir in nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt and agave nectar.
- Divide mixture evenly into popsicle mold and freeze for at least five hours.
- Pop out and enjoy!
The post 3 Easy Recipes for Fresh Fruit & Vegetables Month appeared first on Who's Caring For You?.