Are you overwhelmed with making healthy diet changes or adding more physical activity to your daily routine? If you’re hesitant to make big changes to your eating habits or lifestyle but want to lead a healthier lifestyle, you may want to ease your way in before making bigger changes. Here are some quick and easy tips you can implement to feel better every day:
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up. You may be tempted to reach right for the coffee, but your body becomes dehydrated overnight while you’re sleeping. If you don’t like water, try adding a little lemon. You’ll feel great starting your day on the right foot.
- Try to “unplug” one night per week. This means turning off the television, putting your phone and computer away and just reading a book or listening to some music. Sometimes we don’t realize how much time we spend connected to our digital devices.
- If exercising every day isn’t an option, try carving out one block of time over the weekend for physical activity. This could be as simple as going for a walk or attending a fitness class. If you have a family, try to involve everyone!
- Experiment with one new healthy recipe each week. Sometimes we get bored with the food we typically eat and that may cause us to gravitate towards unhealthy foods.
- End your day with a 15 minute walk. It helps to unwind and reduce stress levels experienced throughout the day and allows you to clear your mind. This could be right after work on your way to the train or your car. It could also be as soon as you get home or after dinner.