2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups red bell pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, chopped and seeded
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 cups kale, chopped and stems removed
½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add red bell pepper, jalapeño, salt and black pepper and sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chopped kale and broth and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Stir in garlic and increase heat to medium.
- Cook uncovered for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
This recipe is a nutritional powerhouse and is high in calcium, fiber and vitamins A, C and K. These vitamins and minerals can help reduce the risk for cancer and heart disease. They can also improve bone health and reduce cholesterol.
The post Kale With Garlic and Peppers appeared first on Who's Caring For You?.