2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups red bell pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, chopped and seeded
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 cups kale, chopped and stems removed
½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add red bell pepper, jalapeño, salt and black pepper and sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chopped kale and broth and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Stir in garlic and increase heat to medium.
- Cook uncovered for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
This recipe is a nutritional powerhouse and is high in calcium, fiber and vitamins A, C and K. These vitamins and minerals can help reduce the risk for cancer and heart disease. They can also improve bone health and reduce cholesterol.